Chef Graham Sutherland, teaches chocolate arts at Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland and how to create luxury plated desserts and petit fours.
Discover how to make his favorite dessert.
Originally from Scotland, Chef Graham is a seasoned pastry chef with more than 20 years of experience, from two-star Michelin restaurants to five-star luxury hotels and luxury catering businesses. He is also a successful entrepreneur and founder of an artisanal chocolate company called Sutherland & Morrison Swiss Handmade Truffles.
“I love this recipe because it is very versatile. It can be used to make chocolate-coated bars, a layered cake or even a base for petit fours.”
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Gluten-free chocolate cake
- Dark chocolate (65%) 170 g
- Butter 160 g
- Salt 2 g
- Almond ground 200 g
- Sugar 170 g
- Eggs 200 g
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave.
- Mix the dry ingredients with a hand whisk and add the eggs.
- Split the mixture in two cake molds (20x20cm) and bake at 165°C for 10 minutes.
- Long-Life Praline Cream.
- Margarine 90 g
- Fondant 55 g
- Unsweetened praline paste 55 g
- Cream margarine and fondant until light and fluffy.
- Mix into the praline.
- Spread over one of the cakes and place the other cake on top.
- Cut into pieces of 7×2 cm and dip in dark chocolate.
Did you like this recipe? Check out this recipe for Japanese Daikon rolls.
Return To: E-newsletter May 2021: